June 1, 2012

Have you ever been to...

ALASKA?

Meg Baggott Images


In a stroke of misfortune, I lost my wallet about 2 hours into my week-long trip to Alaska. A serious challenge while traveling alone, but since I was prepared for camping and resourceful by nature, I took the experience in stride. There was plenty of inspiration with 20+ hours of gorgeous soft-box daylight overhead. With my Coleman stove and fair stock of rations I made my veggieful ramen soup, which I sipped on the shore of Resurrection Bay.  This stove rocks: Coleman Exponent Multi-fuel



In an amazing stroke of good fortune, my wallet was recovered (perfectly intact!). Tired of the dreary wetness of the Kenai Peninsula, I headed 5 hours north to Denali National Park. I camped riverside, and hiked well into the night (11pm!), whistling and singing loudly to alert any unsuspecting wildlife of my approach.  My happiness-factor soared. Further good fortune granted me an uncovered view of Mount McKinley’s snowcapped peak, a rare sight typically shrouded by vapor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!